HAWAII MARKET – With more than 10 million visitors a year, and some of the best island destinations in the world, Hawaii’s tourism-driven economy provides the best venue to bring us all together.
Strategically located in the middle of the Pacific with reasonable access by commercial air travel to both North America and Asia, Hawaii’s multi-cultural resident population makes it the perfect venue to test markets for expansion.
According to CNBC’s Top States for Business 2016, Hawaii ranks first in quality of life. While doing business comes at a premium, it is still much less than other major cities such as Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
We are looking for Trade Show vendors in the following industries:
- Food Products
- Hotels & Tour Agencies
- Medical Tourism
- Creative Design
- IT & BPO
- Furniture and Accessories
- Startup Ecosystems
- Green Companies
- Real Estate
- Other emerging industries
FILIPINOS IN HAWAII
- Filipinos are the LARGEST ethnic population in the State of Hawaii, with about 25% of its total population, or more than 350,000. Predictions for the coming 2020 census is in the upwards trend.
- About 70% of the Filipinos in Hawaii live on the island of Oahu, also known as the “gathering place.” There are more than 300 Filipino organizations in Hawaii.
- About 3,500 immigrants from the Philippines, mostly children, come to Hawaii every year.
- The vast majority of Filipinos in Hawaii are Ilokanos from Northern Luzon; there is also a significant number of Visayans and Tagalogs.
- There is a strong middle class in the Filipino community, but numbers are growing in management and professional occupations – doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers, business executives. About 30% are in the service sectors.
- The Filipino community is very well represented in the arts and entertainment, and by elected officials in state government, and in all four counties of Hawaii. Students of Filipino ethnicity attending colleges are increasing.
- Filipinos in Hawaii trace their roots to 1906 when 15 sakadas departed from Port Salmogue in Cabugao, Ilocos Sur to work for the sugar plantation.
As a Trade Show vendor, you will have the opportunity to introduce your products and services to the US market. Approximately 10,000 trade buyers and visitors are expected to attend the event – in addition to the media mileage associated. Below are two packages we would like to highlight in our marketing packet, which may be of interest to your company:
The deadline to secure a booth is June 30. Should you have any questions, please contact +1(808) 554-1535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.